Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mid-year's resolutions

Gabe and I are GREAT at making goals for ourselves. Just don't ask us if we finish them. The point is that we stay motivated and don't get discouraged when we find we don't follow through. For every ten goals we set, I think we genuinely follow through on maybe three. But that three feels wonderful.

One idea that came to mind was training for a race with Felipe and Nate (and even Bubbas aka Jahno aka John). Why not? I think that would really be something we'd remember doing together. I think Nate definitely has the stubbornness to do it. Felipe I'd have to prod a little once running everyday got old, but I think he would do it, too. I always thought my high school cross country coach was so lame when he talked big and deep about the sport. But now I do see all the lessons that can be learned with distance running. I wonder when the next local race is? 

--Aaaannnd, maybe I should rethink my diversionary objects for diaper-changing?
I'm running out of ideas.


Any tricks for keeping a squirmy squim on his back for a couple minutes so as not to douse the house in excrement?
What about feeding tips? Right now the score is Baby 10--Mommy 2. I celebrate with the touchdown sign each time I get a well-aimed spoonful into Jahno's mouth because he will not open up. Will this kid ever eat normal food???
On the bright side, it's a way to keep him quiet while Gabe catches up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment