I just received a text from Gabe, who is downstairs and I am upstairs captured in my chair by a sleeping baby. It said, I am dreaming about u in my heart
Nate came up to me with a pot he'd been working on at the sink, wondering if it was clean. it was spotless. I love how much attention to detail and focus Nate gives to almost everything he does. He reminds me of my dad that way. Earlier he had had a seizure right as school let out so he missed the bus. I received a call from Cora who works in the guidance office. He would need to be picked up from school. Only problem was, I was 30 minutes away in Marquette with the car seat base in my car, and Gabe was at home with John. Gratefully, the principal, Mr. Loukkala, was willing to give him a ride home.
When I picked up Felipe from school today before his 2pm appointment, his teacher was waiting for me. Felipe hasn't been doing his math, she tells me. He had an assignment due that day that he just didn't do. on the way to the car, I gave him the lecture, asked him why. He didn't know. I gave him a consequence of no electronics for the rest of the week. He replied with a humble okay, like he was almost looking forward to accepting chastisement. It made me wonder if we are spending enough time with him, or if he uses this because he knows it will get our attention. He graciously accepted all chastising for the evening with an air of enjoyment almost. Good ol' Feleeps.
Ah, the Nate we know and love.
ReplyDelete